Pusat Pengurusan Pendidikan Malaysia Sdn Bhd (PPP) is our wholly owned subsidiary, tasked with proposing and implementing initiatives and activities to promote and support our objectives. The functions of PPP include the following:
- To identify and evaluate Learning Institutions with specific funding requirements.
- To identify and evaluate eligible and deserving Malaysian students who require financial assistance to gain access to quality education.
- To study, evaluate, formulate views and observations of opportunities and/or projects which support and promote our objectives.
- For each area evaluated and recommended, to draw up plans to address the costs involved, implementation and roll out period, policies and approvals required for such area and to develop detailed annual execution plans.
Separation of roles between The Community Chest and PPP:
- Projects and plans are presented by PPP to our Board of Trustees for approval.
- Our Board of Trustees allocate funds from donations received for approved projects and plans. All expenses incurred by PPP are reimbursed by us at cost.
- During the course of the year, PPP will execute, disburse and monitor the progress of the approved projects and plans based on the identified milestones and provide updates to our Board of Trustees periodically.
- The directors of PPP, in the exercise of their fiduciary duties, act in the best interest of PPP to propose initiatives and activities which promote and support our objectives. Our Board of Trustees only considers and approves initiatives and activities presented to them by PPP.
- With PPP as a separate legal entity, there is a clear segregation of functions and roles as well as greater accountability for costs.