Volunteering For TCC
We are actively looking for volunteers who share the same belief and passion to join us in our pursuit of enhancing the quality of our country’s education which we believe, creates opportunity, shapes individuals and ultimately the well being of the community.
What Can You Do To Help?
As our volunteers, you play an important role in our effort to promote the efficient and effective implementation of our approved funding, as well as the execution of the approved purposes of the Learning Institutions in an orderly and timely manner.
Areas Of Work Of A Volunteer
These vary according to the needs of the Learning Institution assigned to a Volunteer. Generally, they involve –
- Review, verify and evaluate the Learning Institution’s funding applications. This may require (i) site visits to Learning Institution to assess its existing conditions and to obtain photographs, and (ii) to report your findings to TCC, with your appropriate recommendation if it is a deserving Learning Institution for TCC’s funding aid;
- If the Learning Institution’s funding request (“Approved Project”) involves tender exercise, to monitor, evaluate and provide recommendation based on bid(s) shortlisted by Learning Institution.
- For contract documentation of the Approved Project, to liaise and follow up with the Learning Institutions, the suppliers/contractors/vendors (“Contractor”) and TCC’s Legal Team.
- Maintain close communication with TCC, the Learning Institutions and the Contractor for smooth implementation of the Approved Project and to address any related issues that may arise from time to time.
- Keep TCC updated on status of the Approved Project in timely manner.
- Verify Contractor’s invoices for disbursement of approved donation by TCC, which may necessitate site visits to the Learning Institution to verify work undertaken.
- Provide a brief closing report (and obtain photographs as evidence) of the successful completion of the Approved Project.
Upon joining, you will be apprised on your role as a TCC volunteer in greater details at induction session(s) to be conducted by TCC at which you will also be advised on TCC workings, policies and good practice guidelines. Our office support personnel are always ready to guide and lend a helping hand in this aspect.
Who Can Be A Volunteer With Us
You can be a volunteer if you:
- are 18 years of age or older;
- enjoy meeting people;
- are a good listener and seek to understand the needs of the beneficiaries of our donations;
- are ready and able to offer your weekdays during office hours to attend to the volunteering work which involves communication with and/or visit to the Learning Institution; and
- are committed to follow through the implementation of Approved Project assigned.
How To Apply
If you are interested to join us, please complete the Volunteer Application Form and send it to:
The General Manager
Pusat Pengurusan Pendidikan Malaysia Sdn Bhd
16th Floor, Wisma Genting
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Completed and signed application form must be submitted together with a copy of your NRIC (front and back) or passport (for non Malaysian). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have any enquiries on volunteering for TCC, please send your enquiries to us at our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 03-2182 2020 or call us at 03-2182 2182 to ask for TCC office support.
Last updated on August 12, 2013